Setup (Fiction)
Dear dumb math man,
It's been a minute. I know it's weird that I'm contacting you through E-mail, I did mean to call.
Unfortunately, I lost all my contacts when my phone broke last week. I didn't have it backed up, so that's a whoopsy.
The past year has been hell to me and I've been escaping all the noise by hiding in my gallery app a lot. You already know I don't take that many photos, so it didn't take that long to find the picture of you covered in your birthday cake's ashes. What a crazy day it was.
Anyways, remember my Brother, Bert? The loud one with anger issues. Yeah, he turned 13 like a week ago and his fury has quite literally cranked to a 100. Just like you, his shadow started gaining an amber hue with each passing day. We warned him that he needed to be very careful, and for the most part he was. Unlike you, he managed to keep everything unburnt for about a week. That was until today of course. He picked a fight with Vinny and the next thing you know, my bedroom's curtains are on fire. Would have been a disaster if it weren't for the fact Dad is already an igniter. We managed to put out the whole thing in minutes.
Surprisingly, Dad wasn't all that pissed about it when he came back home, so that's a plus. Can't say the same about myself though, I had my phone charging on the nightstand when it all took place. I'm trying to look at the positive side of things. You know, on one hand I won't be wasting that much time on my phone anymore. On another, though, I basically just lost touch with everyone I know.
I'm holding back from socking Berty across the face, as appealing as it is to take it out on him, another fire isn't exactly a thing I'm looking for right now.
Uni continues to suck, as per usual. Our Electronics Professor couldn't be bothered to show up, again!
So the Teaching Assistant, who happens to be his Umbra by the way, shows up to hand quizzes and just barely explain the chapter we were meant to take that day. I hate self studying, and it reaaaaally doesn't help that this a-hole makes his subject less interesting by being the way that he is.
Other than that, same old.
Oh, almost forgot to mention. I've been getting these recurring nightmares, where I never wake up. Basically, in said nightmare, I "wake up", go to the kitchen sink and drink some water. Then I hear my phone's alarm go off so I go back to my room to turn it off. But as soon as I turn it off, the dream resets and the same events keep unfolding over and over again. Sometimes, I would wake up from the dream but I'd be unable to open my eyes. It's truly horrifying, like someone is controlling me while I'm conscious of it.
Also I started sleepwalking, apparently? Mom caught me holding an empty glass of water last night then just walking back to my bedroom like a zombie. According to mom, it's the first time it ever happened. Maybe the dreams I'm having are affecting me or something. We've made an appointment to a doctor, so I'll update you if I learn anything interesting.
Hoping to hear back from you soon,
Sean
P.s: Please call me back when you can so I could save your number
Comments
Post a Comment