Self Proclaimed Idiot Hermit
I think this is important for me to state, lest I forget. This blog, and by extension, what I write is purely based on my experience and what I take in. It is not 100% factual and is not always "wisdom". One of the main reasons I slowed down in writing was that I chained myself in the "hermit cage" as I would call it.
Now, if I remember correctly, a hermit is someone who lives in isolation. In cartoons, hermits are usually wise men who live on top of mountains or some crap of that sort. With that picture in mind, the hermit cage is where I pretended in my writings to have wisdom that I do not have.
Looking back at what I wrote, most of the stuff I wrote has a specific audience. If I wrote something it is usually a byproduct of a conversation or an event that happened. To no one's surprise, when you live life (instead of being glued to Instagram reels or news outlets) you gain a lot of experience. Experience that is quite valuable.. And is also unique to you. What might seem like an epiphany (which is another fancy word for revelation or breakthrough) could be second nature to others. Thing is with me, it was less about the content and more about the story.
So when I stuck myself in the hermit cage, where I constantly worried about the message I tried to deliver or the meaning to be drawn out of it; I stopped telling stories. I stopped practicing and got completely stuck.
Screw influence for all I care, all that matters is that I do not go out of line or lose sight of who I am or what I stand for when I write. Be careful, yes. But don't be paralysed. This here serves as a reminder to me that I am learning and growing. My views and experiences may change with time, and there is no shame in changing.
Likewise, no shame in writing shitty false arguments. As long as I stand to correct them when I learn they were wrong and as long as they aren't misleading or encouraging down a dark path. Sounds ominous doesn't it? Dark path..
Anyways, that's all from me.
Comments
Post a Comment